Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Honoured...

..I have been honoured by my awesome friend Joyce with a blog award, wow... cool... awesome ... words escape me... Hehe...

Anyway as a recipent of this award I must regale you all with seven lovely, interesting and amusing facts about Moi, Me the one and only Zyatica...

well here goes (forgive me in advance for rambling)....

1. I have a wacky sense of humour as you may have guessed. Despite the wacky sense of humour I consider myself a fun loving and interesting person.

2. I have been a primary teacher for one year - unfortunatley not with my own class but excitingly as a casual teacher at a very modern school that is striving into the realm of 21st Century teaching... I love teaching and look forward to what this year brings whether some fulltime work or more casual teaching that is sure to keep me on my toes.

3. After some prompting from some lovely friends I turned a hobby of mine into a business (its just starting) - so far I have had one jewllery party and sold a few items. I started combining a love of crochet with beads to make some lovely bead rope necklaces and braceletts and earrings. I love to experiment and have started looking at bending wire and creating some custom pieces (stay tuned I have several started but have yet to finish and post). I also started my own little made it shop at Zyatica Creations. I have yet to sell anything - mind I only have 5 items listed and these things take time.

4. I was a chef in my previous life (aka pre-kids). I do love cooking and love to get into the kitchen and bake yummy deserts. I also love getting in there now with my beautiful boys and cooking up a storm.

5. I am a big kid at heart - I love birthday parties and having two boys I truly enjoy planning party days for them ( and me ) as well as their friends to particiapate in. The latest one (this Saturday) involes 4 lovely friends and one day of fun - wii games, craft, baking, movies and PARTY!!!!!... I am so looking forward to it all...

6. I am a very creative person - love challenges whether using my hands or a computer. I ahve tried my hand at the following and love it all -
* crochet
* knitting
* beading
* scrapping booking in an album and digital
* collage
* decoupage
* Painting with acrylic
* papiermache
* drawing (though not too good at it)
* use excel to create useful workbooks - one day to be used in my teaching
* created animations with playdough, toys and a computer
the list goes on I have tried so many things that to list them all may bore you ....:)

7. I started this blog years ago as a university assignment for my teaching degree and it is only in the last few months have I been inspired to use it to display my craft and goings on. The inspiration came from a lovely friend (same one who nominated me) by her lovely writings and ramblings. I was stoked to have only one watcher and of recent I now have two.. its been a slow start but Iam sure it will pick up eventually...


Anyway cyber world that is 7 facts about me, about what may or may not make me tick....
So to continue I must nominate some blogs. The first one I know has been nominated but I think it is awesome and I constantly check it out for her whitty comments and goings on.

Joyce Lives Here

Mommy Reviews you can use

Cheers Z

1 comment:

'Joyce' said...

oh wow *blush* thank you. I love your post. I am glad you are inspired to write. I love to write and have always had a journal as far back as i remember. Now i just journal on my blog. Its wonderful to meet and share with so many crafty people. the inspiration is astounding.