Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 - A new year and a new adventure

Well its 2011, ten days infact into 2011.

Already it appears to be flying by, it is the summer holidays here and I guess you wouldn't really know it as it has been wet, wet, sunny and wet yet again.

Currently its is raining again, we are blessed here as we haven't been inundated with water, unlike our fellow Australians up north in Queensland. Just today on the news another life lost and another town under water, when will it end. It is sad to think of people losing possessions, but these can be replaced. Losing a life and a loved one at that, is horrific. I also heard on the news about two very silly girls who decided to body board in the storm water, and people who decide to drive through water, do they not see the news and see how dangerous it is?????

Anyway back to something happy it is the holidays here (only 21 days left) and we have managed to attend the beach quiet a few times, what fun it is doing things as a family and with friends.
In 5 days my oldest baby turns 8, so we ahve been busy planning a humungous playdate birthday party - as I forgot to get some numbers before school ended - it has been decided to have a playdate party. This is going to be a fun day doing things that No.1 loves doing - craft, baking, movies, wii and of course the finally is a party.
I have been getting organised into what craft we can do so far we are going to make jewellery boxes from popsicle sticks and then decorated with beads and other bits and pieces (my plan is to use these as the party favours - fill them with goodies shhh... dont tell anyone.)... For the baking we are going to bake rainbow cupcakes and later in the day we will decorate with lollies and super yummy Betty Crocker icing...
We may also do some other baking but will decide later... then will come a movie - Depicable Me for the tenth time.. whose counting hehe... and Wii games - possibly wii fit...

I am looking forward to the day, he has 4 friends coming over and it shall be a fun day. Then after we have dinner with the family.

I have made a few jewllery pieces, one a bracelet I wasn't completly happy with so I pulled it to bits, the beads - wire wrapped are nice and already are being reused into a few other pieces involving a thing a ma jig and some bended wire.


I know I haven't mentioned what new adventure is ahead for us, at this present time I ahve no idea, but I am sure as the year progresses I will find out....


Cheers all off to chat, surf and create....

Z

No comments: